Information for Students
The program aims to assist you with your transition out of university into the workforce and to involve members of industry in a mutually beneficial partnership. A mentor may be able to provide you with information on industries, professions, and general work skills as well as advice and support with career direction, networking, skills assessment, job hunting/applications. Partners of accounting firms, directors of management consultancies, bankers, senior public servants, small business owners, entrepreneurs and many other professionals have been offering valuable insights into the world of commerce to the Faculty's students.
Apply for a Mentor
In order to apply for the program, students must attend an information session, where they will be given application details. Information sessions will be held during the first few weeks of Semester 1, check this website or your weekly student newsletters in March for information session times.
For further information, please contact:
Faculty of Business and Economics Student Employability and Enrichment Team
Benefits of Participating⇩ Mentors challenge, motivate, inspire and empower you to pursue your career goals.
- Better understand your skills, motivations and career preferences
- Identify and develop your career strategy
- Learn about different professions and industries
- Increase your networking circle
- Develop your communication, presentation and networking skills
- Improve your CV and your interviewing technique
How do I Apply?⇩
All students must attend an information session to be eligible to apply for the 2018 Career Mentoring Program. After your attendance at a session has been recorded, you will be emailed further instructions to your student email on how to apply as a mentee. Bookings are essential, please head to Careers Online where we will advertise the information session and instructions on how to book.
Important Dates⇩ The program runs on a yearly cycle from April until October with the approximate time-frames.
5 - 20 March 2018, applications open (student registrations).
- 5 - 20 March - Online applications open
- 5 - 15 March - Mentoring information sessions offered (compulsory attendance if you wish to apply).
- View and book the information sessions on Business Careers Online
- Mid April - Students will be notified about their application
- Mid April - Career Mentoring Program launch - successful students are informed about their match and can initiate their first meeting
- Early August - Mentoring networking event
- Mid October - Career Mentoring Program Mentoring concludes and end of formal mentoring partnerships.
Please note, there is no mid-year intake for either mentees or mentors.