Melbourne Graduate School of Education Mentoring Program
The MGSE Peer Mentoring Program is a social mentoring program offering new students the opportunity to meet up with second-year students for an informal catch up during the your first semester with the option to continue into the second semester.
The program is open to students studying the Master of Teaching as well as our other professional programs.
If you would like to find out more about this program please contact:
Student Wellbeing Officer
T +61 3 8344 8437
E Enquiry Form
Benefits for Mentees
- Meet and develop friendships with other MGSE students
- Feel immediately connected with the MGSE student community
- Ask questions about everything from study, university life, cafes, clubs and societies, other social activities
- Receive support and encouragement
Early January to Late February – Applications open to mentors
Early January to Late March – Applications open to students
Your application will help us make the best match for you. We recommend to put in some thought and time in your application.
Feb/March – Student Mentee Preparation Workshops
Attendance to a compulsory preparation session for all student applicants.
April – Mentor workshops
The mentor workshops will provided information on the program structure and timeframe, program expectations, coaching and mentoring skills.
April – Matching of mentors and mentees
Mentors and mentees are matched according to the career and education background as well as personal interests indicated in the applications.
April – November – Program duration mentoring connections
Mentors and mentees meet at least 3-4 times over two semesters. Participants manage meetings and communications themselves. Mentoring resources and support will be provided throughout the connection to ensure productive meetings between mentors and mentees.
Benefits for Mentors
- A chance to develop your interpersonal and communication skills as you guide and assist new students
- Opportunities to develop your leadership skills and talents
- Satisfaction of helping others